Julia Lansford (rus_esmeralda) wrote,
Julia Lansford
rus_esmeralda

Lose? Never!

Я считаю полной туфтой слова: "Главное не победа, а участие"
Не, я не про олимпиаду в Ванкувере. Я про жизнь. Как и всегда, впрочем.

Если я принимаю участие в конкурсах, только, если имею реальные шансы на победу (например, олимпиады в школе, журналистские и прочие конкурсы). В настоящих литературных конкурсах я ещё не принимала участия. Собираюсь принять. Причем, на федеральном уровне. На местом - ни за что.

А так, по мелочи, за свои опусы я получала фотоаппарат и всякие  мелкие призы типа билетов на спектакль или сертификата на приобретение чего-нибудь в магазине.

Кстати, надо мыслить шире. Если жить... то стараться побеждать. Прежде всего (блииин, я так стараюсь уходить от пафоса, а он, собака, все равно вылезает), САМУ СЕБЯ: свои слабости, предрассудки, ограничения, навязанные традициями и обществом.
 
На прошлой неделе я подала свою работу (эссе) на конкурс английского языка, который проводится в моем универе. Что ж, надо победить. Вариантов нет. Этот текст был отредактирован тремя людьми: англичанкой-педагогом (в смысле англичанкой из Англии LOL), профессором из США и ещё студентом-филологом из тех же США. Ошибки быть не может.
Конечно, сохраняется вероятность, что моя препод, та, что уверена, что фэнтези не существует ( http://rus-esmeralda.livejournal.com/31006.html  ), постарается завалить меня из-за глубокой личной неприязни.
Но, буду надеяться, что все обойдется.

Вот, кстати, сам текст. Если кому-то интересно. Сочинение на заданную тему:

Young people have lots of career opportunities in our region now. Do you agree or disagree?


In my opinion, young people do have a lot of career opportunities in our region.  But to succeed students have to start career planning as early as they can and avoid the most common mistakes.

When students graduate from the high school, they must make a very important life choice. They have to decide where to continue their studies. Many are influenced by parents, friends, and other people to apply to a certain university and study a certain subject.  They don’t consider their own abilities, likes and dislikes.  Some of them just believe that professions they chose are prestigious and guarantee high income in the future.  It is not always true because we have already too many lawyers, accountants and economists graduated from the local universities.  So the first mistake that leads to loosing career opportunities is often made in the high school.

Young people face another important choice after graduating from the university.  They have to decide where to work and how to build a future career.  If young people have no work experience, they may search for any job that is available at the moment.  Very often this job has nothing to do with their profession and is low paid.  What do we have? We have unhappy people who don’t know for what purpose they were studying for the last 15 years. They are frustrated, disappointed and simply lost in the life.

It is not only Russian problem.  The research made by Harvard University, USA found out that 97% of Harvard graduating students had no particular idea where to work after graduating.  Only 3% had already determined the goal to achieve.  In 20 year they made 10 times (!) more money that the remaining 97%.

To sum up the key factors of the success:

1.                Carefully considering all options before applying for the university.

2.                Working hard on the main subjects and learning extra information in addition to compulsory subjects.

3.                Planning future career while studying in the university.

4.                Obtaining at least half a year of job experience in the student’s field of interest.

 

           The best careers are made by people who started working early.  The future employer will more likely accept a candidate with job experience, than a person who has only good marks to show.

          Finally, I have to emphasize that doors of careers are completely open for the young people.  Economical crisis and smallness of our city should not frighten students.  These are just reasons to work harder.

Tags: english, languages
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

  • 6 comments